Ropetackle Arts Centre (“Ropetackle”) is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information, and being clear about what information we hold on you.
Ropetackle complies with all applicable laws regarding the use of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
Ropetackle is a charity registered in England and Wales as the Ropetackle Centre Trust. We operate as an arts venue, presenting a diverse year-round programme of live events and activities for all.
- Our charity number is 1109381
- Our company number 05124613
- Our VAT number is 907 100 271
- Our registered office is Ropetackle Arts Centre, Little High Street, Shoreham-by-Sea, BN43 5EG
You can contact us via 01273 464440 or email@example.com
Personal information that we collect includes:
- Name, title, date of birth
- Contact details including email address, telephone numbers, and postal address
- Financial information including payment card and bank account details
- Transaction history including records about payments to and from you, and details of products and services you have purchased from us
- Access requirements, where applicable
- Image and likeness (as captured in photographs and videos we use for promotional purposes)
- Technical data including internet protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website
- Profile information including your Ropetackle account login details, order history, stated interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses
- Usage information on how you use our website, products and services
- Marketing and communications data including your communication preferences, and any marketing information you have chosen to receive from us. This helps ensure you only receive communications from us that are relevant and timely.
We collect personal information about you when you:
- Purchase a ticket with us or create an account on https://ropetacklecentre.ticketsolve.com/
- Hire any of our spaces
- Visit the venue, including attending an event, participating in an activity, or visiting the café
- Interact or communicate with us by email, social media, telephone, or in person
- Join us as a Friend or Patron or make any other donation
- Sign up to our newsletter or complete a survey
- Visit our website
We may also collect your personal information from third parties, including CAF (Charities Aid Foundation),who process our Friends and Patrons Direct Debits, and external agencies selling valid tickets for Ropetackle events.
We employ security measures to protect your personal information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, and damage.
We collect personal information about you to:
- Process ticket bookings, hire bookings, and any other contracts with us
- Manage your Ropetackle account, Friend or Patron subscription, and any other records with us
- Fundraise and promote the charitable interests of Ropetackle (subject to opt-in)
- Process donations, including Gift Aid
- Manage our staff and volunteers
- Ensure the safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers
- Send you information about Ropetackle which we think may be of interest (subject to opt-in)
- Comply with any legal obligations
We collect and process personal information on the following legal bases:
- For the performance of a contract we have with you (for example booked tickets)
- To comply with legal obligations to which we are subject (for example tax obligations)
- To further our legitimate interests (for example improving your experience of our website), provided that such processing does not override your rights and freedoms
- With your consent (for example marketing communications)
Our servers are situated in the UK. If you are located outside the UK, the information that we collect may be transferred to the UK and will be subject to UK data protection laws rather than the laws of the country in which you are located.
Ropetackle will never sell any of your personal information.
We will not share your personal information with any third parties, except as may be required by law, and with service providers that process data on our behalf, including our ticketing software Ticketsolve and mailing list platform Mailchimp, provided they are compliant with all applicable data protection laws.
With your consent, we may also share your personal information with other organisations, such as funders.
We consider our relationship with you to be ongoing. We will therefore maintain personal information until such time as you tell us that you no longer wish us to keep in touch. In this instance, we will delete the information held, except where we have a legal obligation to retain it.
- You have the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- The right to request a copy of the personal information which Ropetackle holds about you
- The right to request that Ropetackle correct and update any of your personal information, should it be inaccurate
- The right to request your personal information is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain it
- The right to withdraw your consent (where applicable) for Ropetackle to process any of your personal information
- The right to request a restriction on processing your personal information
- The right to object to the processing of personal information
Cookies are text files sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The text file is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the visitor usage and activity.
If you do not wish us to install cookies on your computer for these purposes, you may change the settings on your internet browser to reject cookies.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01273 464440
- Post: Ropetackle Arts Centre, Little High Street, Shoreham-by-Sea, BN43 5EG