Ropetackle Film Club: an affordable and enjoyable cinema experience in a relaxed and friendly venue.
Membership for the Ropetackle Film Club’s 2017 – 2018 season opens on Saturday 10th June. We are very excited about screening the new season’s selected films and hope that you will be too (all will be revealed soon). There is truly something for everyone – an opportunity to revisit old favourites and to see films you may have missed first time round. As a member recently wrote in the comments book: ‘I really enjoy the variety on offer and the chance to see films I never had the opportunity to watch… most I probably would never have considered in the first place. RFC is brilliant.’
So if you love film, as we do, why not join us? You will be made very welcome.
Films are screened on the second Thursday of each month from September until June. Evenings start at 7.30pm. Film nights include the opportunity to enjoy pre-film food from Lesley’s Kitchen for a very reasonable £9.50 (two courses), and the bar will be open. It makes an excellent night out! Members may also bring one guest (£5) per film.
- an eclectic programme of ten films including both old and new favourites
- the opportunity to contribute to the choice of films for the next season
- invitation to the AGM where your voice will be heard and your vote will count
How To Join
You can join as a member of the Ropetackle Film Club for a full season for just £25, or at a reduced rate of £20 for Ropetackle Friends (with no additional expenditure) – there are several ways to join as a member including:
Application Form: you can pick one up at the Ropetackle box office or from our film noticeboard, with details of how to pay on the form.
Online: coming soon!
Season Films: 2016 – 2017
- French Connection (1971): Thursday 8th June 2017
Season Films: 2017 – 2018
- Manchester By The Sea (2016): Thursday 14th September
- Arrival (2016): Thursday 12th October
- Ran (1985): Thursday 9th November
- Singin’ In The Rain (1952): Thursday 30th November
- The Producers (1968): Thursday 11th January
- Mulholland Drive (2001): Thursday 8th February
- Mr Hulot’s Holiday (1953): Thursday 8th March
- The Fabulous Baker Boys (1989): Thursday 12th April
- Four Lions (2010): Thursday 10th May
- Wish You Were Here (1987): Thursday 14th June
‘Excellent – good choice of all films – such diversity and the necessary challenge!’
‘You do a grand job of finding a variety of films to suit all tastes.’
‘Thank you to all who arrange the Film Club.’
‘Good to see the audience laughing and enjoying themselves.’
‘Great to see my favourite film on a large screen.’
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
For details of matinees, family films, blockbusters and visually impaired screenings please visit What’s On