Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 25 June 2022
By purchasing a ticket to any event or activity at Ropetackle Arts Centre, you agree to the Terms and Conditions outlined below. Any queries relating to the Terms and Conditions should be raised with Ropetackle prior to purchase.
The following Terms and Conditions are subject to change. Please ensure you review them regularly and understand applicable changes.
- While every attempt is made to ensure event information is accurate at the time of publication, we reserve the right to amend events and information without prior notice. Ropetackle is not liable for any compensation or damages in such instances.
- Only food and drink purchased at the Rose Petal Café or the Ropetackle bar may be consumed on the premises.
- Smoking or vaping within the premises is strictly prohibited.
- A valid ticket booking is required for admission to any ticketed event or activity. Admission is granted to the event, date, and time specified in the ticket booking only.
- Ropetackle reserves the right to eject or refuse admission to anyone demonstrating inappropriate, dangerous, or antisocial behaviour, or refusing to comply with safety announcements or Ropetackle regulations.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission with no refund offered.
- Filming, photography, and recording of any kind, including audio, is prohibited.
- Bag searches may apply before entry. Ropetackle reserves the right to confiscate any items which may cause danger or disruption.
- Latecomers may not be admitted, or may have to wait until a suitable break before entry.
- Ropetackle is not liable for any loss, injury, or damage sustained within the premises, unless due to our negligence. Any such liability is limited to the ticket price paid by you.
- By entering the premises, you consent to being filmed, photographed, or recorded for the purposes of marketing or promotion.
- Mobile phones must be turned to silent when an event is in progress.
- Glass bottles, illegal substances, dangerous substances (including flammables), and any item considered a weapon, or potential weapon, are strictly prohibited.
- We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcohol and eject anyone appearing intoxicated.
- All tickets are sold subject to availability and subject the Terms and Conditions outlined.
- You will receive a confirmation of your booking by email shortly after completion. If you do not receive a confirmation, please contact the Box Office immediately on 01273 464440 or firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your booking was successful.
- Event entry is by way of a door list. You will be checked in by name upon arrival, or upon entry into the auditorium. We may use wristbands to distinguish ticket types, for example seating and standing.
- Where age restrictions apply, admission may be subject to proof of ID.
- Where ticket restrictions apply (for example group tickets, child tickets, concessions), admission may be subject to proof of eligibility.
- Special offers, discounts, and promotions are subject to availability, cannot be applied retrospectively, and cannot be combined.
- Reselling tickets for personal commercial gain is prohibited and will void the booking.
- Tickets to Ropetackle events may occasionally be sold through external agencies such as Ticketmaster or See Tickets. Agency tickets may be subject to separate terms and conditions. Ropetackle accepts no responsibility for tickets purchased via external agencies or third parties.
- Ropetackle takes no responsibility for tickets purchased from unauthorised agents. We recommend always booking directly with Ropetackle.
- We accept Visa and Mastercard, but not American Express. There is a £1 per ticket booking fee, capped at £5 per transaction, or tickets purchased online and over the phone. There is no booking fee for tickets purchased in person.
- Tickets are strictly non-refundable and non-exchangeable, unless an event is cancelled.
- Children aged 16 and under are welcome to attend all events, subject to age restrictions, provided they are accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult (over 18) at all times.
- Responsible adults should note the age guidance of each event and be aware that, aside from family shows, many events are primarily suited for adult audiences.
- With the exception of events specifically aimed at babies and pre-schoolers, infants aged 18 months and under may attend events for free, provided they sit on the lap of a parent or guardian.
- Children aged over 18 months require a ticket for event admission.
- Ropetackle reserves the right to ask parents or guardians to remove children if, in the opinion of staff, they are causing a disturbance.
- In the event of a cancellation or postponement, Ropetackle will make all reasonable attempts to contact affected customers using the details provided at the time of booking, offering a credit, exchange, or refund.
- Ropetackle is not liable for any personal travel, accommodation, or hospitality arrangements made in relation to cancelled events.
- It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to the contact details provided at the time of booking. We are not liable for any typos or inaccuracies in details held, whether entered directly by you, or entered by Ropetackle staff or volunteers from information relayed by you.
- Most events are general admission seating. We can reserve seats to accommodate specific access requirements. To reserve seats, please contact the Box Office on 01273 464440 or email email@example.com
- For standing events, where possible we put out a limited number of seats along the edge of the auditorium for those who cannot stand. Reserving such seats is subject to availability, and visibility may be restricted. If you require a seat for a standing event, please contact the Box Office on 01273 464440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ropetackle is wheelchair accessible. If you require a wheelchair space, please book directly with the Box Office on 01273 464440, or email email@example.com
- If you require an essential carer or personal assistant to attend a show, please contact the Box Office on 01273 464440.
- With the exception of registered assistance dogs, dogs and other animals are not permitted within the premises. If you are attending with an assistance dog, please let us know in advance so we can best accommodate you.
Ropetackle Friends and Patrons Terms and Conditions
Subtext: By joining as a Friend or Patron of Ropetackle, you agree to the Terms and Conditions outlined below.
- Friend and Patron subscriptions apply to individuals only, and cannot be shared or transferred.
- Friend and Patron benefits and subscription levels are correct at the time of publication, but subject to change.
- Ropetackle reserves the right to amend subscription benefits and pricing levels, and in such instances, will make all reasonable attempts to inform Friends and Patrons of the change.
- Ropetackle reserves the right to revoke individual Friends and Patrons subscriptions where deemed necessary.
- Friends and Patrons may join with an one off annual payment, or a monthly Direct Debit, as per the subscription pricing levels. One off annual payments confer a subscription of 12 months from the date of payment. Monthly Direct Debits confer a subscription on a monthly rolling basis.
- Direct Debits are processed by CAF (Charities Aid Foundation).
- Friends and Patrons payments are treated as donations. You will be asked to Gift Aid your donation if you are an eligible UK taxpayer. Gift Aid enables Ropetackle to boost each donation by 25p for each £1, at no extra cost to you.
- Direct Debits may be cancelled at any time by the Friend or Patron, or by Ropetackle. In the event of a cancellation, all associated benefits will cease.
- Friends and Patrons with annual subscriptions will receive a renewal reminder one week prior to expiry, with the opportunity to renew or upgrade. In the event of a subscription lapsing, all associated benefits will cease.
- Friends and Patrons will be issued a printed card upon joining. This card will be available to collect at the Box Office during opening hours. Friends and Patrons with monthly Direct Debits will have a nominal expiry date on their card, which will be renewed each year subject to an active Direct Debit.
- Some benefits require validation with a Friends and Patrons card. Ropetackle is not liable for lost or stolen cards, and reserves the right to refuse a particular benefit where a subscription cannot be verified. If you have lost your Friends and Patrons card, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friends and Patrons cards may only be used by the named Friend or Patron. Proof of ID may be required to validate benefits redeemed with the Friends and Patrons card.
- Friends and Patrons enjoy priority booking opportunities and advance notification of new events. Such opportunities are at the discretion of Ropetackle and do not apply to all events. Ticket limits may apply.
- Priority booking opportunities require Friends and Patrons to login to their account when booking online, or confirm their identity when booking over the phone or in person. If you have any issues with logging in online, please contact email@example.com
- Tickets for events with priority booking and advance notification are subject to availability.
- By joining as a Friend or Patron, you agree to receive the exclusive Friends and Patrons email newsletter.
- Ropetackle will make all reasonable attempts to send regular Friends and Patrons newsletters, but can make no guarantees as to frequency.
- Friends and Patrons require an email address to enjoy the full benefits of a subscription. All newsletters, communications, and invitations are sent by email.
- The 10% café discount is subject to an initial period of 12 months, from 1 June 2022. The café discount is offered only upon presentation of a valid Friends and Patrons card.
- Ropetackle will make all reasonable attempts to fulfil reserved seat requests from Patrons, but can make no guarantees.
- Gold Patrons must login when booking online to enjoy no booking fees.
If you have any questions regarding these Terms and Conditions, please contact us.
Last updated: 25 June 2022
Ropetackle Arts Centre (“Ropetackle”) is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information, and being clear about what information we hold on you.
Ropetackle complies with all applicable laws regarding the use of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
Who we are
Ropetackle is a charity registered in England and Wales as the Ropetackle Centre Trust. We operate as an arts venue, presenting a diverse year-round programme of live events and activities for all.
- Our charity number is 1109381
- Our company number 05124613
- Our VAT number is 907 100 271
- Our registered office is Ropetackle Arts Centre, Little High Street, Shoreham-by-Sea, BN43 5EG
You can contact us via 01273 464440 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What information we collect from you
Personal information that we collect includes:
- Name, title, date of birth
- Contact details including email address, telephone numbers, and postal address
- Financial information including payment card and bank account details
- Transaction history including records about payments to and from you, and details of products and services you have purchased from us
- Access requirements, where applicable
- Image and likeness (as captured in photographs and videos we use for promotional purposes)
- Technical data including internet protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website
- Profile information including your Ropetackle account login details, order history, stated interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses
- Usage information on how you use our website, products and services
- Marketing and communications data including your communication preferences, and any marketing information you have chosen to receive from us. This helps ensure you only receive communications from us that are relevant and timely
When we collect information
We collect personal information about you when you:
- Purchase a ticket with us or create an account on https://ropetacklecentre.ticketsolve.com/
- Hire any of our spaces
- Visit the venue, including attending an event, participating in an activity, or visiting the café
- Interact or communicate with us by email, social media, telephone, or in person
- Join us as a Friend or Patron or make any other donation
- Sign up to our newsletter or complete a survey
- Visit our website
Third party information
We may also collect your personal information from third parties, including CAF (Charities Aid Foundation), who process our Friends and Patrons Direct Debits, and external agencies selling valid tickets for Ropetackle events.
How we keep your information secure
We employ security measures to protect your personal information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, and damage.
Why we collect and process personal information
We collect personal information about you to:
- Process ticket bookings, hire bookings, and any other contracts with us
- Manage your Ropetackle account, Friend or Patron subscription, and any other records with us
- Fundraise and promote the charitable interests of Ropetackle (subject to opt-in)
- Process donations, including Gift Aid
- Manage our staff and volunteers
- Ensure the safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers
- Send you information about Ropetackle which we think may be of interest (subject to opt-in)
- Comply with any legal obligations
Legal basis for collecting and processing personal information
We collect and process personal information on the following legal bases:
- For the performance of a contract we have with you (for example booked tickets)
- To comply with legal obligations to which we are subject (for example tax obligations)
- To further our legitimate interests (for example improving your experience of our website), provided that such processing does not override your rights and freedoms
- With your consent (for example marketing communications)
Our servers are situated in the UK. If you are located outside the UK, the information that we collect may be transferred to the UK and will be subject to UK data protection laws rather than the laws of the country in which you are located.
Sharing your information
Ropetackle will never sell any of your personal information.
We will not share your personal information with any third parties, except as may be required by law, and with service providers that process data on our behalf, including our ticketing software Ticketsolve and mailing list platform Mailchimp, provided they are compliant with all applicable data protection laws.
With your consent, we may also share your personal information with other organisations, such as funders.
How long we keep your information
We consider our relationship with you to be ongoing. We will therefore maintain personal information until such time as you tell us that you no longer wish us to keep in touch. In this instance, we will delete the information held, except where we have a legal obligation to retain it.
- You have the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- The right to request a copy of the personal information which Ropetackle holds about you
- The right to request that Ropetackle correct and update any of your personal information, should it be inaccurate
- The right to request your personal information is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain it
- The right to withdraw your consent (where applicable) for Ropetackle to process any of your personal information
- The right to request a restriction on processing your personal information
- The right to object to the processing of personal information
Cookies are text files sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The text file is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the visitor usage and activity.
If you do not wish us to install cookies on your computer for these purposes, you may change the settings on your internet browser to reject cookies.
Third party websites
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01273 464440
- Post: Ropetackle Arts Centre, Little High Street, Shoreham-by-Sea, BN43 5EG