Closes: 15 October 2017
Ropetackle is looking to recruit a Marketing Manager to lead the overall marketing strategy of the centre and its programme.
You will work with the director and management team to plan, produce and implement a creative marketing strategy that raises the profile of Ropetackle, maximises ticket sales, engages audiences, develops audiences, and meets financial targets.
You will be responsible for all marketing and communications activity, both digital and traditional, including the website, box office system, social media, press releases, mail outs, posters and flyers, advertising, sponsorship, brochures, distribution, and data gathering/analysis.
You will work with volunteers at all levels, from the board of trustees to the event stewards and bar staff. Notably, you will work closely with the box office team to provide vital support and direction.
Alongside marketing you will be required to support the general running of the centre, fulfilling a variety of roles.
The successful candidate will:
• be a highly organised marketing professional with experience working in a similar role;
• be committed, motivated and flexible, able to meet deadlines and stay focused in a busy environment;
• be capable of balancing multiple priorities and delivering while under pressure;
• be comfortable working both individually and as part of a team;
• be experienced with using digital systems including MailChimp, WordPress, various social media platforms, and box office software (ideally Ticketsolve);
• be proficient with Adobe Photoshop, able to create print, advertising and other material when needed;
• be an excellent communicator with an eye for detail, able to write and edit copy and produce compelling content for a range of platforms and audiences;
• work efficiently with a limited budget, maximising opportunities wherever possible;
• when needed, go ‘above and beyond’ to ensure the smooth running of the centre;
• have a passion for the arts, in particular music and the performing arts.
To apply: please send your CV and a covering letter to Anne Hodgson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the job spec (PDF): Marketing Manager
Ropetackle is primarily a volunteer run organisation, for more information on volunteering opportunities, please see our volunteering page.