As well as implementing stricter hygiene measures, a one-way system inside the venue, a no-cash policy and a reduced audience capacity as detailed on our risk assessments below, we are also adhering to the following Covid-19 government guidelines. Thank you for your kind understanding and please do stay home if you feel unwell.
- Venues are allowed to remain open as long as they adhere to the social distancing guidelines. With this in mind, as well as the one-way system already in place, we have set up a new booking system so you choose your seats (in groups of two) when you book.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from groups larger than six.
- As a venue, we are able to stay open after 10pm, although we can’t sell drinks after that time.
- Drinks orders are taken from your table/seat and brought back to you.
- Face coverings are to be worn in the venue and throughout the performance.*see full details below
- A track-and-trace system is in operation: you can also scan the QR code at various points in the venue.
*In accordance with Government guidance, it is a requirement that all those coming into the Centre, whether as:
- Box Office customers
- audience members (during the performance)
must wear a mask or visor at all times while in the Centre, the only exceptions being:
- children under the age of 12
- those with a medical condition which precludes the wearing of a mask or visor
Masks may be removed only for the purpose of consuming drinks served from the bar (masks then to be immediately replaced).
Ropetackle management are entitled to exclude anyone who does not comply with these requirements. Thank you for your kind cooperation.
Covid-19 Risk Assessments:
Rescheduling of shows:
We are continuing to work with performers and agents to reschedule shows which have had to be postponed and are pleased to say we have been able to agree future dates for a substantial number of shows with ongoing discussions in relation to others.
Where fresh dates have been agreed, although, for obvious reasons, these can only be provisional at this stage, they are shown on our website, and tickets will remain valid for those shows. Other fresh dates will be added to the website as soon as they are agreed and we are optimistic that few, if any, shows will have to be cancelled.
In common with many other venues, we ask ticket holders to retain their tickets even though the new dates may be some way into the future.
Although we recognise that some ticket holders may prefer a refund, we very much hope that most will be content with the re-scheduling.
As most people will be aware, Ropetackle came through a very difficult period last year, when a public appeal was launched to help us to stay open. Thankfully, due to the generosity of those who donated, and strong ticket sales in the second half of the year and into this year, our finances are now in a reasonably healthy state.
However, this current situation, with the Centre being closed for an uncertain period, will, inevitably put a strain on our finances.
Ticket sales account for some two thirds of our revenue, the risk being that if we had to make numerous refunds, this would impact on our overall position.
If you are not able or do not wish to come to a re-scheduled show, we ask you to consider these alternatives:
- a voucher for the value of the ticket which you can use for another show
- donating the ticket value (or part of it) to Ropetackle
- deferring your decision for the time being, in the hope that when we are able to re-open, you are OK with the fresh date.
- decide you do wish for a refund, or
- are happy with a partial refund, or
- have any other queries
please contact email@example.com
Please be aware that in accordance with the Government’s furlough scheme, a number of members of the Ropetackle team are currently on furlough (continuing in our employment but not working), and that there may be some delay in responding to queries.
If you email, please include your phone number.