Shoreham Wordfest 2014: Sussex Literary Landscape
Sunday 5th October 2014 - Starts 2.30pm
Sussex Literary Landscapes views the county across the last 1,000 years through the words of poetry and prose, fiction and factual reports, illustrated by landscape views that take us back to the days of Defoe and Cobbett, the Tudors, and even the Anglo-Saxons!
Presented by Dr Geoffrey Mead from the University Of Sussex.
Location: Sussex Yacht Club
85/89 Brighton Road, Shoreham-By-Sea, BN43 6RE
A special lunch and afternoon tea are available to buy on the day; fresh home-made sandwiches, savouries, and cakes, £5 for lunch or afternoon tea – the bar will also be open at lunch time.
Lunch & Afternoon Tea Menu:
– Free flow, herb teas, filter coffee, water
– Mixed luxury sandwiches, (prawn, coronation chicken, cheddar, smoked ham, tuna)
– Scotch eggs served with Cshutneys
– Home-made warm sausage rolls with puff pastry and sesame
– Home-made lemon drizzle cake
– Warm fruit scones with clotted cream and strawberries