Shoreham Wordfest 2014: Dark Aemilia, Lady Bette & Mr Thynn
Saturday 11th October 2014 - Starts 3pm
Two exciting new novels featuring women of intrigue and character from history, one based on imagination and the other on scholarly research. Sally O’Reilly‘s Dark Aemelia brings to life the “Dark Lady” of Shakespeare’s Sonnets, the playwright’s muse and one true love. N.A. Pickford tells the true story of an aristocratic teenage heiress, a murdered husband and a conspiracy set in the complex times of Restoration England. The discussion will be hosted by Laura Lockington.
Location: Sussex Yacht Club
85/89 Brighton Road, Shoreham-By-Sea, BN43 6RE
Please note: day tickets are available for all three author talks at the Sussex Yacht Club on Saturday 11th October, details below:
A special lunch and afternoon tea are available to buy on the day; fresh home-made sandwiches, savouries, and cakes, £5 for lunch or afternoon tea – the bar will also be open at lunch time.
Lunch & Afternoon Tea Menu:
– Free flow, herb teas, filter coffee, water
– Mixed luxury sandwiches, (prawn, coronation chicken, cheddar, smoked ham, tuna)
– Scotch eggs served with Cshutneys
– Home-made warm sausage rolls with puff pastry and sesame
– Home-made lemon drizzle cake
– Warm fruit scones with clotted cream and strawberries