Thursday 29th May 2014 - Starts 8pm
Composer, pianist, and accordionist Maurizio Minardi brings his captivating and original music to Ropetackle. Reminiscent of the Esbjorn Svensson Trio, Avishai Cohen, The Bad Plus, and Michael Nyman, Maurizio’s intimate and expressive sound is defined by a daring and unique combination of genres from baroque to minimalist jazz fired up with splashes of tango and rumba.
The performance will include music from Maurizio’s latest album, The Cook, The Clown, The Monk & The Accordionist, as well as from his previous, piano-led album.
Maurizio is joined by Shirley Smart on cello and Jason Reeve on drums.
Our Thunkshop Cafe will be serving delicious pre-show suppers from 6pm. Advance booking is recommended but not essential, please contact Sarah on 07957 166092 for further details and to book.
Soup Of The Day
– home made lightly spiced carrot and lentil soup with a selection of our freshly baked breads £4.95 / £3.95
– home made goats cheese and red onion tart with hearty salad and fresh focaccia sticks £6.50
– classic Thunkshop tuna nicoise salad £5.95
– slow oven roast jacket potato with home cooked chicken, bacon & avocado filling and a hearty salad £5.95
– homemade meringues with strawberries and cream £3.50
– selection of our home made cakes including gluten free options